What To Do If You Find A Lump On Your Pet
What To Do When You Find a Lump on Your Pet
As the weather gets colder and you are snuggled up with your pet, take this time to check for lumps.
- If you feel a lump, old or new, it needs to be checked as soon as possible.
- Lumps need to be examined, measured and charted. This will help to keep track of any changes that may occur over time.
- Suspicious lumps should be aspirated to identify any unusual cells.
- Aspiration can be completed in office. It requires sticking a small needle into the lump to pull out a few cells to identify under a microscope to identify if the lump is serious or not.
- Early detection is important. Catching cancerous cells early increases the chance of a surgical cure.
Please call our Receptionists Karen, Janet, and Michelle at
(412) 798-8770 if you find a questionable lump.
During The Winter Months Of November Through February, We Offer A 10% Discsount On Your Pet’s Dental Care. Call Our Receptionists Today To Set Up An Appointment.
CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT TODAY – 412-798-8770
Pittsburgh Spay & Vaccination Clinic is a state-of-the-art, full-service suburban veterinary facility serving the Pittsburgh Area since 1980.. We offer diagnostic, medical, surgical, and dental care to dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, and pocket pets in the Pittsburgh area.
Need a Refill of Your Pet’s Medications? Check out our online pharmacy